When it comes to home-improvement, there are a lot of complaints for contractors and work that has not been done or handshake agreements and that’s from contractors that won’t show up for work or even don’t have the right material to do the job
There are a lot of contractors out there that are misleading homeowners for home-improvements. And they even have poor workmanship.
The red flags you should watch out for one hiring a home improvement contractor
Get Your Home Repairs Done Today! Book Our Handyman Services Now in Your Area! 313-513-1185.
We have a few things when the red flags should be popping up for a home improvement contractor in Michigan
- You should never take your friends word for it
- Do you want to ask for references for previous work or voicing thing even credentials to do the job
- You should always try to get your home improvement contract in writing. In some areas. Verbal agreements are binding for some home. Improvement contractors. But you want to get everything written down in a contract so that it’s legally binding. In some states or even counties you want to get it in written form for the best protection as a homeowner. Do you want a detailed contract of what’s going to be done so basically the scope of the work, and that there are legitimate business
- You need the total cost of the project plus materials used or materials that will be used by the contractor. Also, you want to get in the contract a breakdown of payments. You want to make sure that in writing that payment will be received or sent her a certain time
- As a homeowner, you want to make sure that there is a timeline for the project to be deadlined
- It is prudent for you to do your own research for the contractor you’re going to hire for home improvements in Michigan or even in the Detroit area. Get a list of Detroit area handyman services or home improvement contractors in the Detroit area. Most importantly, make sure that they have a proper licensing for the work to be done by the state
- Do you want to make sure that the contractor your chance to work with in Michigan pulls the proper permits. Make sure that you know who’s pulling the permit. See if you have to or if they will there are risks for you to pull the permit. You should see if the contractor will pull the permit because they have the liability insurance to do the work so that there is no liability on the homeowners part.
- Also, the contractor should finish the work or the project that you hired them to do before they get their last payment.
Don’t Let Home Repairs Pile Up. Schedule a Nearby Handyman Visit Today! 313-513-1185.
Make sure that you are protected as a consumer when hiring a contractor
There are proper ways to make sure that you are protected as a consumer, but it is best to know your rights as a homeowner consumer, when you are working with a contractor in the state of Michigan to do home improvements. Just be sure that you are not working with somebody that you cannot trust to get the work done. It is best to know your rights as a homeowner when you are looking to hire a contractor nearby in Michigan.
If you need help finding a local contractor for home improvements in the Detroit area, please reach out and connect with us as we work with multiple home-improvement contractors throughout the state of Michigan.